Thursday, June 2, 2011

#Trust30

#Trust30 is an online initiative and 30-day writing challenge that encourages you to look within and trust yourself. Use this as an opportunity to reflect on your now, and to create direction for your future. 30 prompts from inspiring thought-leaders will guide you on your writing journey. 

June 4, 2011
Not everyone wants to travel the world, but most people can identify at least one place in the world they’d like to visit before they die. Where is that place for you, and what will you do to make sure you get there?
"Travel"

Well, this is such an easy prompt for me today. Besides living on the beach coast of Georgia, the one other place I dream of being in is the UK. I really don't have any preference on what part, I just know I love UK. I love the X Factor, I love Cheryl Cole, Joe McElderry, Cher Lloyd, and many, many others.

I love the way people talk, I love their humor, and I know that I would be accepted with open arms in their country. But, I am so un-talented that I can't even do a British accent, and I desperately wish I could. I think if I lived their then I could develop one naturally like Madonna.

June 3, 2011
Identify one of your biggest challenges at the moment (ie I don’t feel passionate about my work) and turn it into a question (ie How can I do work I’m passionate about?) Write it on a post-it and put it up on your bathroom mirror or the back of your front door. After 48-hours, journal what answers came up for you and be sure to evaluate them.
"Post-It"

My Post-It say "I am ready to find a job w/meaning - Glenner"

June 2, 2011
The world is powered by passionate people, powerful ideas, and fearless action. What’s one strong belief you possess that isn’t shared by your closest friends or family? What inspires this belief, and what have you done to actively live it?
"One Strong Belief "

Aside from poverty and hunger, one of my greatest passions in life is watching the TV show Roseanne. I love it. I always have, and I always will. I find that most of the problems I face in my life can be related to just about any and every episode of Roseanne. I have found myself many times getting so emotionally involved that I end up in tears (or laughing so loud that I disturb the neighbors).

One Episode that always gets me is the one where both Roseanne and Dan are working so much (common is a low-income homes) that they rely on Becky and Darleen to take care of the house and their younger brother DJ. Toward the end of the episode Roseanne is telling DJ to go to bed and he is acting kind of sad so she ask what's wrong and he just shakes his head, so she asked again to which he replies "I haven't said anything in two day".

It really is an incredible and revolutionary show. Lucky for me and all of America that all 9 seasons are available on Netflix for easy viewing. I try to share this passion with as many people that I can, because not only is it hilarious, but also brings meaning and appreciation to the challenges that so many low-income families face.

So if you get a chance, you should definitely watch. I would if I were you.

 June 1, 2011
If ‘the voyage of the best ship is a zigzag line of a hundred tacks,’ then it is more genuine to be present today than to recount yesterdays. How would you describe today using only one sentence? 
"Today"

Today is June, and it is new and full of hope.

May 31, 2011
You just discovered you have fifteen minutes to live.

1. Set a timer for fifteen minutes.
2. Write the story that has to be written
"15 Minutes To Live"
Coming Soon...

2 comments:

  1. First, I love June! School is out (not for me, or really anyone I know, but I still feel free!) and it's officially summer! Shorts & sandals & summer dresses are out and I have my first summer tan/burn! Yays! What a wonderful month!

    As for Roseanne, I lol'd. I always think of you when I watch it, ya know? haha Keep it up Glenner! Something great is coming to you! Miss yo' face and I wish you'd go to Tumblr. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks beautiful lady! I have a tumblr but I can't figure it out, and I got a wordpress and I can't figure it out either. Oh, man. Dont mind if I June.

    all smiles.

    ReplyDelete