Monday, June 6, 2011

Dare To Be Bold #Trust30

A child has no trouble believing the unbelievable, nor does the genius or the madman. Its only you and I, with our big brains and our tiny hearts, who doubt and over think and hesitate.” - Steven Pressfield, Do the Work

 The idea of “being realistic” holds all of us back. From starting a business or quitting a job to dating someone who may not be our type or moving to a new place – getting “real” often means putting your dreams on hold.

 Today, let’s take a step away from rational thought and dare to be bold. What’s one thing you’ve always wanted to accomplish but have been afraid to pursue? Write it down. Also write down the obstacles in your way of reaching your goal. Finally, write down a tangible plan to overcome each obstacle.

The only thing left is to, you know, actually go make it happen. What are you waiting for?


One thing I really want to do is be a Comedian. I Think I am hilarious. My wittiness is common knowledge amongst my friends people. I had a terrible childhood, I come from a poor family, my parents have both been incarcerated for drugs, and I was a ward of the state, so I lived with my grandparents for most of my life. Obviously all the factor that would contribute to a person becoming a very famous and celebrated comedy genius are there. 
 
Hmm... on to the 'To Do' list ... where to start?
  1. write a show. 
  2. locate local comedy club.
  3. practice, practice, practice.
  4. have a couple shots. (tequila)
  5. Be funny!  funnier.
  6. sign up for armature night at local comedy club.
  7. get discover.
  8. become famous.
  9. get own talk show.
That is all I can think to do at the moment. Probably why I haven't done it yet. Gosh I wish I had something more moving (inspirational and heartwarming). I mean I am extremely passionate about helping people overcome poverty, and working to end world hunger. So being an activist for those causes probably are more noble, but I choose comedy, because as a famous comedian I would have more influence over the latter. (big picture, people that what I'm looking at)

*I wonder what the author of this prompt would think if he read my post.

No comments:

Post a Comment