Sunday, June 5, 2011

Come Alive #Trust30

If you had one week left to live, would you still be doing what you’re doing now? In what areas of your life are you preparing to live? Take them off your To Do list and add them to a To Stop list. Resolve to only do what makes you come alive.



Bonus: How can your goals improve the present and not keep you in a perpetual “always something better” spiral?
 
Firstly, If I only had a week left I obviously would change up my daily routine (and immediately quit my job). Although, now that I am thinking about it I am not really sure what I else I would do. So now I have to challenge myself to determine what does make me come alive. Being around my friends is definitely up there, drinking, laughing and making others laugh, and planning parties/events. I love me a good party. Watching the whole thing come together, and witnessing everyone have a great time because I helped organize an environment in which people actually enjoy themselves. To that is wonderful.
 
But, I don't think I would want to spend my last week alive planning a party for all my friends, although maybe I would. Because to be honest (sadly) I do tend to like things more when I do them, and when they are about me. 
 
This doesn't really seem to be sounding like a way for me to discover a new way of living. I think the only thing it has made me realize is that I actually do really enjoy planning events, because prior to this post I had convinced myself that that part of me was over. I guess it really isn't. I have a surge of creative energy rushing through me now as I type.
 
So that's cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment